Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Sneak-Peak Tuesday (a few minutes late)

Today was a busy day surrounded mostly by tasks and activities pertaining to my lovely daughter Eva. We met with out-of-town friends at a park with a large play fountain, ate lunch out, and spent a bit of time at our central Portland library. Oh I must not forget that we spent A LOT of time searching for a certain pet mouse that is running loose in our house right now. Quite a day.
I do have new pictures of a bracelet that is nearly done for this week's Sneak-Peak Tuesday. It doesn't have a name yet, but I learned a few great lessons with this bracelet. It is a bit different in style than I usually do. I usually create a hand-fabricated chain of gemstones all interlinking together. I like this look a lot and I think it is more technically challenging and therefore less common of a style. With this bracelet pictured below, I wrapped gemstones to an existing chain. I found there are a few advantages to this. The largest advantage is that larger-sized stones can easily be used without making an overly chunky design. The design below features some lovely beer quartz rondelles that would have been a bear to use in a typical Faichild Designs bracelet. One of my lessons is that before I started, I had it in my head that the bracelet would take less time. I was wrong. It may be due to all of the perfect smooth prasiolite hearts that I wire wrapped to the chain, but this bracelet creation took about the same amount of time as my others. All it needs now is a clasp and a name and it's ready to be photographed for real. Below is a sampling, but I do look forward to seeing this design in my Etsy shop this week.




No comments: